Reports that get results
Writing action-oriented business reports that persuade your reader to take a desired action mean communicating your key messages clearly and concisely. It means understanding your stakeholders’ motivations and pain points, and knowing how your report will help them make a recommendation, take a decision, or champion your cause. Get proven techniques so you can drive positive change and move your organization forward.
As a result of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Write with the reader in mind so your writing is focused and precise;
- Learn planning methodologies that will ensure completeness and conciseness;
- Draft persuasive, well-structured arguments, conclusions and recommendations so your readers agree with your and take the action desired;
- Master the universal best practices in writing that you need to know so the underlying messages in your report are clear, concise and consistent;
- Write value-added executive summaries that provide the essentials that management needs to make decisions.
Before the two-day workshop, Tracie will assess a sample of your business writing so you know where your strengths and weaknesses are as a starting point. Individual feedback on actual business reports you draft after the training will complete the learning cycle and ensure transfer of learning on the job.
Want the training program for your entire team?
Tracie will tailor the workshop training material to fit the needs of you, your team and your organization. Your report template, internal writing guidelines and template language will be taken into account. Sample language from your own reports/industry can be included in the training material to create a completely customized experience.
To find out more, contact Tracie.